The opposition National Democratic Congress has elected its new regional executives in the Ashanti region (A/R) to steer the affairs of the party ahead of the 2024 general elections, Purefmonline.com reports.
The election which was characterized by several controversies has seen the party maintaining most of its incumbent candidates in the contest.
Some key persons who were tipped to shake the outcome of the election were defeated by some of the incumbent candidates and others losing to new entrants.
Notable names like Wofa Afrifa Yamoah Ponkoh lost his bid for the Vice-Chairmanship slot. Mr. PV Jantuah Dadson, a former Presidential Staffer, Businessman and a key communicator of the party in the region also lost his bid for the Vice-Chairmanship position.
Other well known party faithful like Francis Dodovi who contested the 2020 Suame Constituency Parliamentary elections on the party’s ticket against the Majority Leader, Hon. Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu was also defeated in his attempt to lead the party as its regional Youth Organizer.
Vociferous Alex Kwaku Asafo, the former Deputy Communication Director of the party in the region lost to his Boss, Abass Nurudeen who he came up against.
Here is a list of the newly elected Ashanti regional executives of the NDC party.
- Nana Kwasi -Chairman
- Dr. Frank Amoakohene – Secretary
- Daneil Baah Acheamfour- Deputy Secretary
- Yaw Isham Alhassan – Organiser
- Abass Nurudeen – Communication Officer
- Osman Abdullah Nabali- Youth Organiser
- Captain John Kwame Jabari (Rtd) – Vice Chairman
- Alhaji Salisu- 2nd Vice Chairman
- Amoh Kamel- Dep. Communication Director
- Bashiru Amissah- Deputy Organizer
- Marvin Philip- Treasurer
- Prince Attah- Deputy Treasurer
- Seth Atanga- 1st Deputy Youth Organizer
- Emmanuel Fynn- 2nd Deputy Youth Organizer
Source: Purefmonline.com II 2022